Whiteford Volunteer Fire Co.

Harford County Company 6

Bordering York County, Pennsylvania, Whiteford was established in 1997 after severing ties with the Delta-Cardiff (PA) Fire Co. Serving a 25 square mile rural & historic area encompassing the Whiteford, Cardiff, Pylesville & Street areas, seventy volunteers provide Fire, Technical Rescue, Search & Rescue and ALS level EMS transport responding to well over 800 alarms annually.

Engine 613 - 1997 American LaFrance 1250 gpm/750 gal.

The first rescue engine for Whiteford, it featured a full complement of Hurst extrication tools & a 3,000 watt light tower. This rig was sold in 2011 to Bethany Pike (WV) VFD as their second engine. 

Engine 611 - 2005 Seagrave Marauder 1500 gpm/1250 gal.

First due for mutual aid, this rig carries 600’ of 1-3/4” handlines, a 250’ 2-1/2” “blitz line” & 1,500’ of 5” LDH.

Engine 612 - 2006 Seagrave Marauder 1500 gpm/1500 gal.

Responding first due to structure fires, it is equipped with 300’ of 1-3/4” handlines, a 250’ 2-1/2” “blitz line”, 300’ of 3” supply line & 1,500’ of 5” LDH supply line.

Truck 631 - 1978/1990 Spartan/Seagrave/Interstate Truck Equipment 100’ Rear Mount

Entering service with Whiteford in 2006, this rig has quite a storied past. Starting life as FDNY Ladder 37 serving during “the war years”, it was acquired by New Cumberland (PA) in 1990 and rehabbed with a new Spartan Monarch cab, roll up compartment doors and upgraded warning lights. Replaced in September 2011 with a 2009 demonstrator Spartan/Smeal 105’ rear mount aerial quint, this rig was donated to the Center Township (PA) VFC where it is now serving its’ fourth career. 

Brush 641 - 1997 Ford F-250 4x4/Darley 250 gpm/200 gal.

Brush 641 responds to both wildland fires & SAR calls and is equipped with 300’ of booster line, 600’ of forestry hose, a floating dock strainer, foam pack and assorted hand tools.

This artwork pays tribute to the busy life this workhorse led while serving the FDNY during “the war years”. Assigned to Ladder 37 in ‘Da Bronx, this rig along with Engine 79 which it shared quarters with responded to a staggering 17,447 alarms in a four year period between 1978 to 1982!!!


The artwork was originally done by New Cumberland during their rehab and was kept by Whiteford when they acquired the rig.

Special thanks to Fire Chief Frank Krick for arranging this photo shoot as well as Asst. Chief Matt Barben, Carrie Barben and their members for the hospitality & assistance in positioning the apparatus for photos.

FIREHOUSES

MONUMENTS

ARTWORK

SLOGANS

KITSCHY

ANTIQUES

FIREMATIC HISTORY