FIREHOUSES

MONUMENTS

ARTWORK

SLOGANS

KITSCHY

ANTIQUES

FIREMATIC HISTORY

Special thanks are extended to Firefighters Mark Dipofi, Phil Surprise and Nick Gingeresky for their assistance in positioning the apparatus for photos and providing information on the department’s operations.

Engine 442 - 2003 Emergency One Typhoon 1500 gpm/500 gal.

This rig features the pump panel in the rear driver’s side compartment.

Rescue 8 - 1998 Spartan/Saulsbury 1500 gpm/750 gal./30 gal. foam 

Featuring two Hurst pumps, this rig is outfitted with four pre-connected Hurst Gold series extrication tools (spreader & cutter in front bumper, “O” cutter & combi-tool in side compartment). It is also equipped with three crosslays, K-12/chain saws, Milwaukee brand cordless hand tools (circular/reciprocating saws & drill) and air bags.

Ladder 8 - 2013 Spartan Gladiator/Spartan ERV 103’/2000 gpm/300 gal.

Entering service in 2013, this rig replaced a 1991 Simon-Duplex/LTI 110’/1500/350 rear mount aerial quint that was sold to the Dalton FD in Massachusetts. Featuring a 10 kw generator and a 750 pound tip load, it is equipped with both 1-3/4” and 2-1/2” pre-connects as well as 125‘ of ground ladders.

Schuyler Heights Fire District

Organized in 1955, the department serves the Schuyler Heights section of the Town of Colonie. Thirty active volunteers provide Fire, Rescue & EMS First Response protection answering an average of 700-750 alarms annually.

The original firehouse built in 1955, it houses an engine, rescue engine, aerial quint and a utility unit.