Established in 1963, the Clarendon VFD serves a residential area encompassing the Town of Clarendon including a section of Route 7, a major North-South thoroughfare through Vermont. Operating from two stations, 30 volunteers provide Fire and Rescue protection answering an average of 100 alarms annually.

FIREHOUSES

MONUMENTS

ARTWORK

SLOGANS

KITSCHY

ANTIQUES

FIREMATIC HISTORY

Support 1 - 2008 GMC 3500 HD/2009 Emergency One

Formerly carrying the department’s extrication tools prior to the acquisition of the Ferrara rescue pumper, this rig now serves as a support piece carrying various fire and rescue equipment.

Tanker 1 - 1995 Freightliner F70/3-D 1500 gal.

Built to operate strictly as a straight tanker, it is equipped with two portable pumps.

Engine 3 - 2002 Freightliner/Ferrara 1250 gpm/750 gal.

Originally serving Palm Beach County (FL) Fire Rescue, this rig now serves as a rescue engine equipped with Holmatro® extrication tools.

Special thanks to Captain Corbin and the members of Clarendon VFD for their hospitality and assistance in positioning the apparatus for photos and providing background information on the department.

Philip J. Pinkowski Memorial Fire Station

Operating as the headquarters for Clarendon VFD, this three bay firehouse houses a rescue engine, tanker and support unit.